Monday, October 30, 2000

(This continues from several weeks ago when my buddy told me about the film I mentioned before - XCU).

Buddy tells me about film.

Three of my friends had appointments.

Talk to my manager.

He calls CD Ricki Maslar, she informs him about a role that is African-American (the brother of one of the leads). It is a small role and a couple weeks away. Read script; find out which photos to send.

Weeks later I remind my manager, he puts in another call and leaves a message.

Then I'm dropped by Manager.

Anyway, last week my agent called with an appointment for the film. I go in and Ricki and her staff are apologizing for bringing me in for such a small role. They say that I am their favorite actor from the workshops. WHO KNEW!!!! In all honesty it must have been my charm (ha ha!) because I do not recall having a stellar performance when I met them. After assuring them I would come in for almost anything she told me that I was really right for this and it was going to be cast from the tape. My agency is a guest-star agency and I have never been a guest star. I have no problem with the smaller stuff at this point in my career. The series regular auditions are great, but I need to be the clerk, the pizza guy, the waiter, etc. right now. Then I'll be a guest-star. I just don't want to skip any steps. I got the part.

No comments: