Monday, March 08, 2004

This morning I went over to Debra Zane's office to give them a thank you card for bringing me in for "Ocean's Twelve" and to give them my new headshots. As a side note, I felt it would be good for me to be seen in the business suit I was wearing for my commercial audition later.

Debra and Tannis always greet me like I'm family when I stop by the office. I try not to stay too long, we usually have a couple of good laughs and I’m on my way. I offered them two different choices of my new headshots and they kept both of them. Cool.

Deb informed me that I am 1 of only 4 actors out of Los Angeles in the entire film. Most of the shooting will be in Europe. My scene shoots here in Los Angeles. My character is a flight attendant. All of the main characters in the film are in this scene as well. Yeah, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, My dialogue exchange is with Elliott Gould & Don Cheadle. I also get to work with Margaret Travolta older sister of John Travolta. Only 5 months away and counting.

Next stop, my theatrical agents’ office to deliver duplicates of my new headshots. My agents are really happy with how they came out.

One of my agents, Kelley, had her first child 9 weeks ago. I'd seen the child very briefly a couple of times, but this time I got a good look. The youngster, born just 72 days ago, is so so cute, precious and completely helpless. A beautiful sight.

Audition: "Boeing" @ Kathy Knowles Casting. This is the office that I booked the "Michelob Ultra" spot right before the holidays. Maybe that'll give me an edge, LOL! The audition goes well and I think I'm right for it.

After my audition and doing several drop-offs I went to the gym to get my work out on. I saw this older gentleman who had to be 75-85 years old. We were next to each other while we were changed into our exercise clothing. He had tattoos all over his chest, back, arms and other places. He had the look of a “biker” or “Billy-Bad-Ass” to be stereotypical. As we changed, I noticed he was having difficulty getting his shoes and socks off. I immediately offered assistance and helped him remove his shoes, socks and pants.

I just thought it was interesting. Here is a guy who probably, back in the day was vibrant and strong, having difficulty undressing himself. He wasn’t completely helpless, like the 72 day old child, but one day he will be. A lot of us will be.

The cool thing was that he was very nice to me and even spoke to me when I saw him later in the pool area. If I see him again I think I’ll ask him about his tattoos and what they mean.

Why am I writing this? I don’t know……………………………it moved me I guess. It kinda showed me the full circle of life. Not in a bad way, it’s just life. I see a lot of things different since I lost my mother 478 days ago. She was such a strong woman, but in a matter of weeks was rendered completely helpless. She took care of me when I was completely helpless as an infant and I’m glad I was able to give something back to her.

No comments: