Monday, September 27, 2004

Shooting "The O.C.". My call is @ 9am at Zuma Beach. I thought this was a good sign because it was where I shot 1 of the 4 days on the "Honda/Japan" commercial.

While in make-up I met Alan Dale who plays "Caleb Nichol" and he was very nice to me and quite funny. The production van took us to the location where we would be actually shooting. It was "Caleb's Mansion" and can you say "unbelievable?" I had never seen anything like it. In real life it belongs to a former NFL player.

My shot was first up so we started rehearsing right away. That is when I met Melinda Clarke who plays "Julie Cooper-Nichol". She was very nice, funny, professional and quite pretty.

Next I met Nicholas Gonzalez, he plays "D.J." on the show. Another really great, funny and intelligent guy. We actually had lunch together and chatted about things other than acting. I must admit that I wondered WHY is his character a "pool boy/lawn guy" whatever. Is it because he's Mexican? Stereo-types I guess. Couldn't he have been anything else? Anyway, he's working and he's quite talented. I expect to see big things from him.

Teen star of the show Mischa Barton who plays "Marissa Cooper" was late because she was shooting 2nd unit stuff at another location. When she arrived she seemed a bit frazzled, but pleasant. After working on "Good Morning, Miami" I saw first hand a lot of what is expected of the stars of a show. When she saw that I was in the scene with her she very nice to me. I can't believe she's only 17 or 18. She is very, very pretty in a natural kind of way.

I was a photographer taking a photograph of the family at the mansion. My character even had two assistants. They were really cool and I hung out with them most of the day. It was a great day in Malibu!!

No comments: