Tuesday, May 03, 2005

This is good. Lauren from Dori Zuckerman Casting called to book me on "I'm Perfect", the film I've been working as a reader for. It's a day of work later in the month as an "AD". I asked her to call my agent for the official booking. Ya know, don't want them to think I'm sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. I work on the 24th.

Everyday someone would say that I was going to be in it, but you never really know until you know. For me, it's just the icing on the cake because I get so much out of just reading with the actors. I'll take the icing, yes I will. Thanks!

Callback: “Pampers” @ Sheila Manning Casting. AHHHHH!!!! So I go to the callback @ for the “Pampers” national spot at Sheila Manning Casting. I listened to the message a second time from my agent to make sure I was going to the right place because the initial audition wasn’t at her usual place of business. I walk in, right on time, @ Village Studios in Santa Monica and through the sea of absolutely stunning women I don’t see a sign-in for “Pampers”. I asked one of the young men running another session and he says that it’s not there. WHAT? Oh Sh*t.

So I call my voicemail to listen to the message AGAIN. Yes, I am in the right place, at least according to the message. So I call my agency and tell them what’s going on. She tells me that they just called for me to find out where I was. I tell her that I’m in Santa Monica @ Village Studios. She puts me on hold and calls the casting office. She clicks back to me and says “they gave us the wrong address”. Ahhhhhh!!! “You’re kidding” I say. She replies, “No, the callbacks are being held at Dektor Film on Highland”. I tell her that I am way in Santa Monica and ask how long are they going to be there. She said they weren’t going to be there too much longer. I tell her that I was going to try to make it there through rush hour traffic.

I don’t get pissed off very often, but I was pissed off. I wasn’t upset with my agency or the casting office; these things happens. Many, many calls are put out everyday and occasionally mistakes are going to be made. BUT!! This is a callback AND it’s a national spot AND I’ve worked through this casting office before AND I’ve worked for this production company before. I don’t want to miss this, not for this reason.

So I get back on I-10 heading East @ 4pm, yeah, the slow moving parking lot. I had to let off some steam so I called my little brother. I knew I would get my laugh on talking to him or we could talk business. 35 minutes later when I arrived at Dektor Film I was back to my normal very positive self. I didn’t expect to get seen, I figured they would be gone for the day.

Guess what? I made it in time and I was the last person to be seen. The callback went great. It was another personality interview. Mark Dektor is directing the spot and, get this, he is a big motocross fan. So, of course, we talked about riding dirt bikes. Mark directed the “24 Hour Fitness” I did several years ago.

During the interview I was asked why I cut my hair, if I had a girlfriend and why not, whether or not I should date actresses, if I liked kids and what other things I do in my life. So the interview went really well. I am so glad I was able to get there in time.

Two hours later I get the call that I’ve been place on avail. They give me the shoot date, which is the same day of my staged reading with The Robey Theatre Company and ask if I have any kids. Getting close…again.

No comments: