Monday, May 15, 2006

Tonight I was an observer at a SAG Hollywood Board meeting. From what I understand this is only the second meeting in the history of SAG that has been open to members; therefore I was one of the first 30 members to witness the process. It was pretty fascinating to watch even though I had no idea what was going on for the most part. It was kinda like coming into a discussion that had been going on for weeks or even months and years. There where other things that I understood perfectly, and frankly irritated me. I was aware of this prior to hearing it tonight and for the life of me still cannot understand it. Why does SAG spend $250,000 a month to lease the building it is in? From what I’ve read we/SAG are in a 10-year, 29 million dollar lease. Yes $29,000,000 and after 10 years we’ll have nothing. I thought me paying rent on my apartment was stupid for all of these years, but SAG’s situation is STUPID! Are you freaking kidding me? What doesn’t SAG have its own building? Actually, the deal was done under the previous administration and I am not shocked by it at all.

I truly appreciate the time the board members donate to help actors get a fair deal. They don’t get paid for the tremendous amount of work they do. There were some recognizable faces there too: Morgan Fairchild, I have to say she looks pretty good for 56!, JoBeth Williams and Elliott Gould, I spoke to Elliott briefly, I told him I was cast in a scene with him and Don Cheadle in “Ocean’s Twelve”, but it was cut before shooting. He said he heard that he himself going to be in “Ocean’s Thirteen”. Maybe Mr. Soderbergh will hire me again.

No comments: