Thursday, September 14, 2006

I'm beat. I'm really tired from all of the running around I do and my December vacation is still several months away. This acting thing is a lot of work, trust me.

The amount of effort I have and continue to put into my career is overwhelming. Fortunately, I love business - any kind of business, especially the entertainment business. The "show" part is equally thrilling and I've had the opportunity to work some of the best in the business. Don't get me wrong, many aspects of the business are completely absurd, but that is part of what makes it such a great business to be in.

As I was thinking about how tired I was a huge smile began to form. Why? Because I’m working at exactly what I moved across the country to work on. Being tired for these reasons is music to my ears. I am quite fortunate; not necessarily lucky, fortunate. Anyway, I have two appointments early today and then I plan to go home sleep until my workshop tonight.

Audition: “Nissan Altima” @ Melissa Martin Casting. When I walked in the audition room I was a little thrown to see director/ad people/client/whoever sitting there. Ooops! I didn’t know this was a “callback”. Anyway, I didn’t go all that well. I was just boring and I think they needed more – I didn’t have it. Oh well, sorry.

As soon as I left the office my phone rang and it was KSA. As usual I let it go voicemail. I was thinking maybe they needed me to return for some reason and I wasn’t as bad as I thought I was. Nope, it was another commercial appointment for this afternoon. I guess I won’t be getting all that sleep I was talking about huh?

Print go-see: “My Best Friend” @ Connie Conway Casting. This is actually a new pet pharmaceutical that they don’t have a name for yet. I was in and out in about 2 minutes. I’m gonna book one of these print jobs one day. I don’t worry about it, I just keep showing up and I’ll be shocked and be the choice when I least expect it. Right?

Audition: “Michelin” @ Ross Lacy Casting. This is the one that is cutting into my sleep time. I guess I can sleep later; actually I did squeeze a 35 minute nap in before I went. Ross calls me in more than anyone else in this town for commercials and I am very thankful for it. The role is perfect for me – a research scientist. I goes well. So we’ll see – or not.

What a day and I still have a workshop tonight. I spend so much time in the car it’s crazy, but it’s paying off – always has. I’d much rather be doing this than some of the other things I’ve done for money. Well, it looks like tomorrow is clear and since I’m not feeling to well I can sleep ALL DAY if I want – I probably won’t though.

No comments: