Thursday, February 15, 2007

Audition: “Sony” @ Francene Selkirk Casting. As I’ve said many times; this is where I had my first audition ever in Los Angeles – July 29th 1998 - 10:30am. It was 12 ½ hours after moving to Los Angeles and I got a callback. I have yet to book there, but I get quite a few callbacks and avails – and releases from avails now that I think about it. That is gonna change soon – I’ve been saying that for years!

The role I was going in for was the dad in the spot – 38-48. There was also a wife and the son. The son was to be in his 20’s. As I looked around at who was there I felt like I fit right in the middle of specs for the spot. Not playing old enough for the dad, but too old for the son. After thinking about it I decided to switch categories and be seen for the son instead since I felt closer to being right for that.

Before switching roles I didn’t know I was expected to strip down to my underwear. WHAT?! Thankfully, I’ve been working on getting my LA figure back in check for the moms in the room! Anyway, the audition goes really, really well. I don't if I'll fall through the cracks as far being right enough for a callback, but I definitely did my job. After my group read Francene was talking about the spot with the session runner while I was getting dressed. I was trying to get out in a hurry because they were having sort of a private conversation about the auditions. On my way out Francene noticed me and said “Hey, that’s my blogger”. It didn’t hit me until about 15 seconds later. I don’t really know who reads this stuff, but somehow she is at least aware that is exists. Francene has a special place with me, plus she’s an East Coaster.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

No comments: