Friday, September 19, 2008

Sleep is a wonderful thing. Good sleep is even more wonderfuller…is that a word? Probably not, but let me tell you; I slept like Rip Van Winkle well into the afternoon.

I woke up to a missed call from KSA - my commercial agency. In my drowsy state I checked my voicemail while my mind wandered about what the call might be concerning – an audition for this afternoon, an audition for Monday, another callback for “Cheetos”, the not so great news that I’d been released from my “Cheetos” avail or “something else”.

I knew that if the voice of the person on the message was that of Leah or Stefanie it was most likely an audition, a callback or “that thing” I’m trying to become less familiar with - an avail release. I also knew that if the voice was that of Alicia there was a good chance it was “something else”.

Don’t get me wrong; I’m grateful every time I speak to Stefanie and Leah, but at this particular time, on this particular day Alicia’s voice would be the voice that would “make a brotha wanna holla!” As I lied in my bed pushing the keys of my phone the voice mail menus seemed to take forever. Finally, I was less than one second away from hearing whomever it was that was going to utter the first syllable of this message to me….

The conversation was a blur and I don’t want to bore you with details so I posted the rest of it here…I choose to keep it short…

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

7 comments:

Shenita Moore said...

Congrats Stephon!...:)...

P.S. Did you get my email?

- Shenita.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, my friend!
:)kb

Unknown said...

w00t! Hooray for you! I just hope they don't pay you in merchandise, that don't pay the rent. Here's to more bookings coming your way.

schwammy said...

Way ta go, brother! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I love that!!! CONGRATS

Anonymous said...

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Woooohoooooo! :) I was trying to figure out what on EARTH you were doing, putting half your post in a link... HEE! :) VERY cool!!! Congrats!