Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Audition “K-Mart” @ Ross Lacy Casting. Fun, fun fun! I even got to kiss “my wife” on the cheek – Twice! Kissing is usually fun – except when it isn’t…been there too. Anyway, it was a good time and hopefully we’ll both get callbacks – if so, I’m gonna convince her to kiss me. It shouldn’t be hard! Shit man, I did a KY commercial! She better kiss me before it hits the air and my little Black Book fills up. Just kidding I hope it airs at all…you never know…’till ya know.

It looks like the votes are in and the membership of SAG has ratified the theatrical contract that was offered by the AMPTP. Personally, I think this is terrible and a step in the wrong direction. I’m not sure why any working actor or anyone who hopes to be a working actor would support the contract, but I guess they have their reasons as I have mine. It is what it is and I have to move forward regardless on what contract we are working under.

The chances that I’ll have to join AFTRA become greater everyday – not a pleasant thought. I just don’t think they are on my side; hopefully, one day, I’ll feel different about it or maybe they won’t rep actors anymore – fat chance.

I think back at some of the decision I’ve made along the way and how they have affected me now; very subtle things in my approach to the business. I guess it’s one of the benefits of being “a thinker”, but I have to be careful of getting bogged down in that. I’ve done plenty of that, but I’ve also gotten a lot accomplished in one of the toughest businesses around. Another thing that I think has helped is that I’m doing other things these days not just “all acting, all the time”. I have to say that being on DL has been really great for me lately. I really enjoy the biz, but I really enjoy many other things too.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: