Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wow, it has been sooo slow for me lately. Funny enough, I’m not tripping out because I’ve been working so many hours at the….job. THAT is a trap that I have to be very careful about. I didn’t move 3,000 miles away from my family to ask people how they want their burgers cooked or what type of vodka they want in whatever you put vodka in (I’m stilled confused about that vodkarumtequilagin stuff). Sometimes it makes me want to take my first drink; trust me, it can be quite the challenge at times. I have a lot of tricks to get through it – it’s not usually easy. That said, I still maintain that going back to work was the single smartest decision I made in 2008. I have really made it work for me, but I can’t get “caught up”.


Guess what? After almost 2 weeks I have a commercial audition. Go figure.

Audition: “careerbuilder.com” @ Cathi Carlton Casting. This was great! The audition required me to perform in my underwear. Now I’m not at all an exhibitionist, but for some reason I have NO problem being scantily clad for a reason; especially for the chance to have fun AND get paid. It was amazing that I can walk into a room with 4 other stranger and within 90 seconds we all had stripped down to our underwear/bra/panties and were able to peform as though we’d known each other for years…I love that! Needless to say the audition went very well and it was in the same room I booked the KY Brand commercial…scantily clad as well. Maybe that’s why I continue to go to the gym.

I spoke earlier about how slow it’s been for me lately. Commercially hasn’t been so bad, but theatrically it’s been abysmal for the last year or so. Make no mistake, I’m doing better than most; I’ve still booked a few jobs and have had some appointments, but I’m not were I need to be.

I sent an email to my 3 theatrical agents to ask them if there is anything I can do to help. They got back to me before the end of the day. One of the agents said to “hang in there” and that it’s picking up and one of the others said the 3 of them would meet and get back to me. Cool, glad they got back to me; that wouldn’t happen at most agencies around town.


http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: