Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Busy day on tap, but I think I can handle it.

I am scheduled today, noon – 4pm, for some training for my night job, but it doesn’t look like I’m going to make it. Just more proof of why working days or evenings for a supplemental income gig probably wouldn’t work out for me.

Audition: “Capital One” @ ASG Casting. I’m getting better with knowing my dialogue, which is a good thing because it enables me to be much more free in the performance. This went really well.

Audition/Producers/Tape: “Raising Hope” @ Dava Waite Casting. Not sure how right I feel I am for this one, but I’m going to give these few lines all I have to give. I went in a few months ago for this show and am glad they have invited me back to make the 50-mile round trip drive to audition for another part. Actually, I like making the drive. I’ve done it numerous times; usually just to drop a photo, with the hope of getting an appointment. So to actually get an appointment is a victory for me.

The audition goes well…I think. It’s hard to tell, but I guess…time will tell. Next!

Audition: “Starburst” @ Joe Blake Casting. This was a complete blast! I had a great time with my partner, Mike, and the session director. Funny guys, funny spot.

While I was walking back to my car I got the call from my agent that I am, “On Hold” for “RAISING HOPE”! Of course I’m not actually “On Hold” because that would mean that compensation is involved and there isn’t, which means, more accurately, that I’m “On Avail/Watch & Advise”. Yeah! The dates to clear are January 3rd – 7th. I’m assuming it’s just one of those days. Cool. I’m not even that upset that accepting the job would force me to join AFTRA…don’t get me started on that.

Audition: “Shake It Up” @ Howard Meltzer Casting. I felt good about how this pre-read went. It’s a multi-camera show and I love to be on it. I guess a callback is the next step since there wasn’t a camera present.

Again, when I was walking back to my car, I received another call from my theatrical agency. This time it was a Producer/Director session for THE MENTALIST. This is especially great news because I had to cancel the appointment I had with them last month because it conflicted with the shooting of the DEGREE commercial.

This was a busy, busy day and one of the main reasons why I moved to Hollywood. I’m following my dream; yes, I am.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: