Thursday, January 13, 2011

Audition: “THE MIDDLE” @ G. Charles Wright Casting. This audition went really well. Evidently, my choice in the scene was something that the casting director ,G., hadn’t seen before. He laughed, had me do it again and then said, “That was funny, leave it just like that. I’m going to bring you to callbacks in an hour”. Cool!

Obviously, I was planning to do exactly as I was told in the callback, but I knew it was a big risk. It was a big risk because as I was in the room the scene started to make a little bit more sense than it did before…but not really. I couldn’t tell exactly what the character was doing. So, when I did the exact same thing for producers it didn’t play well…at all. The casting director, G., didn’t leave me hanging; he told the producers that he thought my take on it was funny and different. After that little slightly uncomfortable moment I was given a different direction that was completely different than what was on the page. I took the direction with no problem, but I have to say that I felt like the sides could have been MUCH clearer.

So, in the end, I felt like I didn’t show well to the producers. But I felt good about my standing with the office itself; I’m confidant that they will bring me back in the future. I just hate to have it go that way; especially for a SAG show. That’s cool; on to the next one.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: