Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Audition: “Target” @ Alyson Horn Casting. Here I am, back again, to audition for this commercial with different direction. It’s not a callback, just a “do-over” I guess. Anyway, I think it went well enough. Maybe. I kinda felt myself working…I don’t usually like that feeling, we’ll see.

Callback: “AT&T” @ RMB Casting. Ha! Me and my partner were in and out of that room so fast it was actually funny. I’m thinking “no” there not at all interested in us. Not even a little. NEXT!

After the callback in Santa Monica I decided to brave afternoon, rush hour traffic and attempt to get to the Barnes & Noble in Burbank for a book release & signing. The author is Clark Howard and his new book is called LIVING LARGE IN LEAN TIMES. Clark was instrumental in helping me change my thinking about how I spend my hard-earned dollars. It’s made a huge difference in my life because now I feel that I have some control over how, when and why I spend. I wanted to meet him and personally thank him for his guidance. It has not only helped me, but it has given me the opportunity to “pay it forward” and encourage many others to get on the bandwagon of personal finance.

I made it to the signing and got a chance to listen to him speak. It was a little weird hearing his voice and seeing him in person after listening to hundreds of hours of him on podcast over the years. Actually, I listen to him 2x speed because I usually have a lot of podcast to catch up on. In person, it sounded like he was talking really slow, LOL!

At any rate, I bought the book for him to sign. I felt weird about spending the cash on it (he recommends getting it from the library for free!) because I hear so much in the podcast, but I looked at it as supporting what he does and a small price of thanks. Plus, after I read it, I’ll have it to let someone else borrow and they can hopefully benefit from what he has to say too. I’m really glad I made it over there.


Myself & Clark Howard

While I was on my way to Burbank the guy that I met last week at the audition that recommended that I try stand up comedy called and invited me to his comedy show later this evening…60 or 70 miles away. Cool, I’m off work tonight I’ll go.

Well…I tried to go to the comedy show. Half-way there my car broke down on the 605 in the middle of…somewhere. Ugh! I had it towed to my mechanic in Studio City and left it there so they could, hopefully, fix it in the morning.

Now, to get home from Studio City. I skateboarded to the subway @ Universal City, rode it one stop to Hollywood/Highland and then skateboarded the rest of the way back to West Hollywood. I LOVE riding the subway and I LOVE skateboarding. I don’t love when my car breaks down though and I hated that I missed the comedy show.

==

Life on the Sunset Strip…

I'm curious as to how many people, when staying in a hotel, order room service and when it's delivered answer the door completely naked, but act as though they are fully clothed? Just curious.

==


http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: