Friday, November 22, 2013

Today I had a meeting with my financial advisor.  This stuff is always important to me, but now that I’m only relying on acting income and savings it’s of vital importance to me.

The meeting went well.  I left feeling quite happy with what I’ve accomplished over the past several years, considering I don’t and haven’t ever made a lot of money in a given year.


In actuality, I left feeling even better about “the job” and how I handled it financially during my time there.  While employed there I contributed 20% of my pay into the 401(k) plan and with the company match they gave me over $5,600 of free cash over the years!  Plus, the contributions lowered my taxable income and that equals even more savings.  Years ago I probably wouldn’t have participated.  I’m so glad that I’m smarter in that area these days.  I may not always be debt-free, but the lessons that I’ve learned from my financial past will stay with me for the rest of my life.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: