Thursday, July 24, 2014

My cell phone rings and it’s my commercial agency.  My first thought is that it’s concerning the Southwest Airlines avail.  As usual I let it go to voicemail. 

Normally I have a good indication if it’s a booking or an avail release by the amount of time it takes for the voice mail message to come through. 

If it’s between 5 and 15 seconds I’m pretty sure the message is “Hey Stephon, it’s Xxxx from KMR and I’m sorry, but unfortunately you’ve been released from the XXXX avail.  We’ll get the next one!  Bye.”

Love them!

But if the message takes longer to arrive, 30 seconds to 1 minute, it’s usually good/great news.  That means either another callback or a booking!  This message took more than 30 seconds.

Tick-Tock.

Yay!  It was one of my wonderful, long-time agents, Brooke, giving me the great news that I had been booked on the Southwest Airlines commercial!  So, so excited!

The booking part used to make me feel as though “I’d won!”.  These days it makes me feel as though…”I’m winning”.

In my opinion booking the job is about 80% of where I’m trying to go.  I say that because just because an actor books a job doesn’t mean that actor will get to the wardobe fitting for that job.  I’ve experienced being “unbooked” an hour before the wardrobe fitting in the past.  Ouch.  With that, I have my fingers crossed while hoping for the best.

Audition: “Acer” @ ASG Casting.  Wow, I haven’t been to this casting office in a good little while.  I’m glad to be back!

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: