Sunday, May 10, 2015

7,305 days ago, 20 years to be exact, I left Virginia Beach, VA with a pink duffel bag and $250 in pocket. I was on my way to New York City, Hell’s Kitchen to be exact, 450 W 46th St, APT 4RW, to be even more exact. The bus ride to The Big Apple cost $50. I wanted to be an actor.

For 4 months I shared a full sized bed with my friend, Greg Lee. Only once did he wake up in the middle of the night and think I was his girlfriend back in VA…I don’t think I ever told him that. I’m sure he has no recollection if it.

A lot has…and hasn’t happened in these 20 years past. It’s been a long journey, thus far, and I admit that the hustle of it all has worn me down, but I kept trying to succeed.

Will I still be doing this in another 20 years? I don’t know. Another 15? 10? 5? I don’t know that either. I’ll still be doing it tomorrow because I’m on avail for a commercial and I kinda want to see if it goes my way before I make any big decisions. I DO, however, know that the desire to be a professional actor has not waned at all. None. So, I’m guessing, I probably will be still doing this "actor thing” in some form or fashion on 5/10/2035.

Thanks Dalbe Markman, Lindsay & Shaunda for making my transition a smooth one.


Happy 20th Anniversary to me...

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: