Tuesday, January 22, 2002

I just got home from the third edition of the ABC Talent Development Showcase. This one featured African-Americans in partnership with the Robey Theatre Company. The Asian-American showcase in conjunction with the East West Players was in October. The Latino showcase in conjunction with Nostros was in December. All kinds of industry professionals were in attendance. Nan Dutton & Sandi Logan told me that they just received my postcards. Yeah!!! I wasn't one of the 14 participants. I auditioned last week, but wasn't chosen. The director said that there will be more in the future so maybe I'll get a chance then. What a way to get seen, I'll bet phones will be ringing for those actors in the weeks to come. They were really, really good. They put up a total of 7 scenes each was male/female that ran about 5-7 minutes each. It was a very entertaining evening. Other than Nan & Sandi I saw directors Paris Barclay (NYPD Blue), Craig Ross (Blue Hill Avenue), Manager Jane Bloom, Video/Commercial CD Twinkie Byrd and all kinds of other actors and actresses from TV & movies. Last but not least even Will Smith was in attendance and he sure seems like a nice guy. The event was produced by Kim Hardin who is the director of Talent Development Program & Casting. I am so, so glad that I attended I really got to do some networking. Thanks for the tip Leilani.

No comments: