Monday, July 15, 2002

Alright!!! Another commercial audition, and this time I was requested by the casting director Jeff Gerrard. Cool! This is where I am trying to get-on the list of being in demand at least somewhat. The audition went pretty well but not great, it shoots in Dallas in a couple of weeks. I would LOVE to go to Dallas in a couple of weeks. Time will tell I guess.

On the way home I stopped by Chelsea Studios to drop off photos to commercial CD's. Actually, I wasn't even dropping of for me I was doing for some friends. I usually carry their photos with me as well. I had already dropped mine the other day.

Anyway, as I am crossing the street I see a group of four Caucasian crossing as well. I'm thinking "what the heck are they going in for"? I figure I look just like those guys; other than being black of course. As I get closer I see that I know one of the guys, Craig Welzbacher. We have attended workshops together in the past.

Craig asked me if I was here for "Honda/Japan". I say no, but I will check it out and see if they are seeing African-American guys as well. Craig gives me the low-down on the situation. Turns out, Craig was the one with the appointment actually a call-back. He was told to bring 3-4 of his friends. So he gave me the green-light to join his group. Thanks Craig!! We went in and had a great time. A callback would be nice. This is one the main reason that I get in my car everyday and do drop-offs. You never know what you might run into when you are out in the field.

No comments: