Thursday, August 15, 2002

More internet drama, well not really, but sorta. I post on several internet acting forums and sometimes I get in the hot seat over what and how I post. I fully understand what I am doing with marketing/PR thing, which is something I know very well. This wasn't about marketing or PR; it was just about sharing my experiences. What happened this time was that I posted something about "booking dates", the reason I posted it was to reinforce how important it is to take those dates seriously. That's was the bare-bones of it.

Someone responded saying that" I am the type of guy who doesn't mind eating steak in front of others." WHAT!!! This particular person, in my opinion, is kinda negative in general so it would make sense that he would see it as me bragging. I don't really know him personally, but I have read his post online for several years now. I find him very funny, but in that kinda negative/pessimistic kinda way. If he knew me I don't think he would have written what he did about me, but he is entitled to his opinion. After a couple of exchanges the moderator of the board adding his opinion of my "online persona" I responded and emailed him personally. We had several private e-mail exchanges and got to know each other a bit better. In the end he seemed to change his opinion about me quite a bit.

No comments: