Friday, August 23, 2002

This morning I had my audition for "Grounded for Life" at Liberman/Patton. I don't think it went all that well. I read for owner Cami Patton and associate Tim Payne. As Tim was walking me back to the room he said that they had tried to get me in for the last episode, but I was working on "Good Morning Miami". It sure felt good to hear that.

I go in and Cami introduced herself. I had read for her some time ago and it was good to get back in there. She gave me a little run down of what they were looking for and for some reason I kinda froze up. It was different than what I was thinking for the character. I don't know what happened, but I was like a deer in headlights. It was three different scenes that I was reading, the 1st & 2nd scenes went pretty good, but the last and largest one just didn't go too well. I was speeding through like I was just trying to get it over with. I don't usually do it, but I must admit I was kinda kicking myself after that one. Next!!!

A couple of hours later my agent calls and the first thing she asked was how the "Grounded for Life" audition went. I immediately told her what happened, she doesn't normally ask. I was wondering if she got bad feedback. I just let it ride. The reason why she was calling was to check my availability for "Good Morning Miami" for Tuesday thru Thursday of next week. Yes!!!

No comments: