Thursday, August 28, 2003

Today I was on the lot @ Universal for a producer session for UPN comedy "Rock Me Baby" through Susan Vash Casting. The callback went great and hopefully she'll keep calling me in.

Afterwards I went into my trusty HP iPAQ Pocket PC and checked for the addresses on the lot so I could do some drop-offs. I really didn't feel like doing them....well because I was just tired. It was hot outside, my car was running hot, my agent was having problems e-mailing appointment info for today, Friday and I wanted get home to make sure I had the info.

As I was ready to pull off to go home I stopped and said "what the heck are you doing? This is where you shine; this is where your magic happens". I take my seatbelt off, break out my computer and get a move on with the map of the Universal Lot. After taking forever to find the first drop-off and on my way to the 2nd I run into Susan Vash and her associate Reyna Karp whom I had just read for.

Me: (to self) Oh Sh*t, I'm not a stalker.
(Normal voice from across the street) Hi!

Susan & Reyna:
You're still here?

Me:
I'm doing drop-offs.

Susan & Reyna:
Gotta take advantage of the pass, huh?

Me:
Yeah, you never know when you're gonna get back on the lot.

Susan & Reyna:
Yeah, I guess your right.

Me:
Ya know, I pull out my little computer (showing them) and look up all of the addresses and get to work.

Susan & Reyna:
Wow! That is the coolest little thing.

Me: Yeah, gotta help the agents out anyway I can. Myself too, I get 90%!

Susan & Reyna:
You're smart. We'll do one for you. LaPadura/Hart Casting is right next door to us.

Me:
You're kidding. You wouldn't mind?

Susan & Reyna:
No problem. (I give them the photo that I have in my hand) (to each other) Who else is near us?

Me: Ah ladies, you're the best! Well have a great, safe weekend and THANK YOU. See ya.

I proceed to try and make a couple of others that I can't find and call it a day. Tomorrow I have a pre-read for "The Guardian" @ Sony Studios and you can bet I'll be looking for more magic.

No comments: