Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Audition: "New York Stock Exchange" @ Terry Berland Casting. Goes well.

Audition: "Hood Dairy" @ Kathy Knowles Casting. My last commercial booking, the "Michelob Ultra" (which NEEDS to start running) was through this office. Anyway, the audition goes well. Maybe lightning will strike again.I did a bunch of drop-offs today. Anything to keep busy, ya know. I'm telling ya, what I do with all of these drop-offs everyday is SOoooo "not" normal. I mean it's crazy. I find myself talking to myself trying to find parking going "WHYYYYYY". I know why, but sometimes it catches me off guard and I react like a normal person.

When I walked in Chelsea Studios for drop offs this morning I saw a gentleman putting 3 of each of his headshots in each box. I REALLY wanted to say something to him. I refrained, thinking there had to be something going on that I didn't understand. I didn't want to come off as a "know-it-all" so I stayed silent. Plus he was much bigger than me!! It bugged me all day though. I figured many people don't understand how and/or why I do what I do the way I do it. Maybe he had the same mojo going on.

This was a bright spot for me. Also while at Chelsea Studios I witnessed one of the employees for Craig Colvin Casting actually check the box while I stood there. WHAT!!! "They DO check those boxes?!! Yup! I saw it!" I mean there was only like 5 photos in it so he must check on a regular basis. Then I saw him glance at it again before he went back behind the counter. That gave me a lot of energy to keep on keepin' on. I really needed it today, because I ran into several parking problems, address problems and a PO Box place that wouldn't take a drop-off for Jeff Hardwick Casting. I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

No comments: