Monday, May 10, 2004

Wow! It was 9 years ago today that I moved to New York from Virginia Beach, VA. What a ride it's been. I can't believe some of the experiences that I've had along the way. It boggles my mind that I've traveled to Japan, Spain, Washington DC & Miami all for acting work.

I remember arriving at Port Authority NYC @ 6:30am like it was yesterday. The first thing I noticed was that the weather was much cooler than what I was used to in the month of May and course how filthy 42nd Street was. The next thing that woke me up was how much cash I "didn't" have.

My buddy, Greg and I, had a ton of stuff with us so we needed a taxi to get to our destination on 46th & 10th. By this time I was wide awake to the fact that my life-savings of $200 wasn't going to take me very far. WHAT!!!

Arriving on 46th St. in Hell's Kitchen was a "you are no longer in Kansas" message to say the least. I had visited NYC many times before, but now I was going to be living here. Let the games begin, and they did...........

..........9 years later I find myself in Los Angeles feeling pretty good about things. It's definitely a roller-coaster ride, but I am extremely fortunate.

I must say as time goes by I find myself really wanting to do other things. I don't know, I miss working with my hands. Not that I ever did too much manual labor, but things like changing the oil in my car and cutting the grass.I am trying to figure out a way to divide myself into about five different people so I can do all of what I want to do. One can be a motivational speaker on a book tour, another playing stick-ball with his kids, still another cooking with the "wifey", another waxing my 2 little brothers asses on the motocross track with my sisters laughing and lastly getting to work with Denzel Washington in a film. Wait!! Maybe I just need to plan better and get my priorities straightened out. Perhaps? Probably. Oh well.

No comments: