Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Yeah!! Back out on the MX track and it's on!! My goal was to stay up and finish the races. I feel that I'm faster than both of my brother's, but I have a habit of crashing. So, I need to "slow down to move forward".

In the first moto against my brother Jeff he beat me to the first turn. He went through some mud and it got all over my goggles. I could only barely see out of one eye. I did the best I could for a lap trying to wipe my goggles as I was riding, but I was only smearing it and making it worse. Finally I slid out in a turn and stopped and cleaned my goggles. Now with clear vision I was moving and making up time on Jeff. Then, a little while later I went over a turn and had trouble getting the bike going again. I got beat.

The next moto was Jeff against my brother Todd. Jeff got a strong start and led for 3 laps of the 4 lap race, but Todd passed him and won the moto.

Next up, me against Todd. I won the race to the first turn, but Todd passed me half way through the first lap. I stayed on his wheel for two laps ready to make my move. At the begining of the last lap I went for it. I was all set up and dove deep inside to put pressure on him to take the inside line, but I slid out. I couldn't get the bike back up and started in time. I got beat again!! Todd is the champ.

I'll be back in December. Of course I won't get to ride again until then while Jeff and Todd will ride at least a couple times a month. I'm still confident that I can take those guys.

No comments: