Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Finally!!! It's been almost a year since I've worked on a sitcom. Today I worked on the CBS comedy "yes, dear". I auditioned for a different episode about 3 weeks ago, but didn't book. Last week they called my agent and offered me this role. It's the first time I've been hired without reading for the role. It's a small co-star, but it's a first and I was flattered.

While talking to my agent we considered not taking the role because of the pay and the size, but I believe "the more you work, the more you're gonna work." Bills, bills, bills baby!! AND, it's always good to meet new producers, directors & writers.

The shoot was quick-fast, I was done in 3 hours. It seemed like I spent most of it in the make-up chair. The make-up artist put so much stuff on my face that I felt like Michael Jackson in 'Thriller'.......well not really.

I got to work with kids for the first time. They were the cutest little professionals. Anyway, I portrayed an orderly in a rest home.

This is the fifth season for the show, but it's a mid-season replacement. I have no idea when it will air.

Tonight I did a workshop with sitcom director Mary Lou Belli. Can I just say "incredible" it was unbelievably informative. She regularly directs UPN's "One On One" and "Eve". She gave us tons of insight into the realities of doing the job in half-hour comedy. She has even written a book called "The Sitcom Career Book". Needless to say I will be getting her book ASAP.

No comments: