Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Today is the 11 year anniversary of taking my first acting class. Wow, I'm still here. I'm not surprised, but it's still kinda surreal to me. I think about all of the experiences I've had and it really puts a smile on my face.

Sometimes I sit and look at my screensaver which has 300-400 pictures. A lot of has to do with my experiences in the business. I've met some really special people along the way as well. I look forward to that continuing and I also look forward to having more of a connection to people outside of "acting stuff". I think that might be why this play is so intriguing to me. It's something that really happened and the people involved are really invested in it.....and I'm still performing. For some reason I feel that 2004 is setting me up for something. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm going to ride with it.

DAG!! This rehearsal schedule is getting the best of me. My usual staying up until 5am is rapidly changing because I am so exhausted after going to the gym, doing drop-offs, auditioning and trying get these dance/march steps correct. It feels goods though, because I'm doing what I moved here to do.

WHAT!!!! I cannot believe this. I got a callback for the "CBS Showcase". Yeah, the one I did the "hiccuping" monologue for. I can't believe it, I thought that train wreck was over. Oh well, I'm going to go in there tomorrow and try to kick the door in with a new commitment to the material. I know, I should have done that first time. I tried, but you it's always better in the car on the way home.

No comments: