Monday, October 11, 2004

As I was leaving the theatre yesterday the writer, Levy Lee Simon, asked me if I was coming to the reading. I didn't know what he was talking about, but he told me what it was. I had two other things planned, but I figured I would cancel. He said it was going to be readings of two one acts that he had written.

I am so glad that I went. They were so, so entertaining. It was a full house at The Greenway Court Theatre. Levy's writing had us laughing the entire time. It was like a who's who of the LA Black theatre ranks. I was honored to be there. About half of the cast of our show came out to support Levy's work. It felt great to be in the company of such talent. I can't believe that a short two months ago I didn't know any of these actor's. I even saw several people who I knew in New York that I hadn't seen in years.

2004 has been a great year for me. I haven't booked a lot of jobs or made a lot of money, but I have done gotten some important things done. I guess like the heavy lifting. Things that I may have been in denial about, but needed to get done nevertheless.....personally, privately, professionally, etc.

One thing was doing theatre in LA. This is such an amazing experience. I can't really understand why so many fantastic things have happened for me on my journey. I'm not questioning it. I just feel so fortunate in my life and I need to say it out loud. I am exhausted most of the time these days.....and why?....from rehearsing, audition and even working. The things I moved here for. Tonight was another great evening.

No comments: