Saturday, October 16, 2004

Audition: "Pastime" @ The American Film Institute (AFI). This audition went really well, I felt. I haven't done a student film in a couple of years. It's time get back in that mix, maybe I can get some good tape. The director gave me really good direction. Concise and to the point. The last thing they said was that "we'll be in touch". Hopefully they will.

I often talk about how this year has been a really good one. I have a new project on my mind. It won't sound like a big deal, but for some reason, for me, it is. I think I want to move out of this apartment. I've been saying it for years, but I always re-sign my lease. At the end of this lease it will be 7 years in this same apartment.

It's not a bad place, but it's small and seemingly getting smaller. It's a studio without parking. Of course, I 'd like to be able to buy a place, but that isn't in the cards at the moment. My lease isn't up until the end of July. Hopefully, by then I will have gathered the guts to at least entertain the thought of actually getting out of here. I really like this Miracle Mile area, mostly because it is very centrally located. I don't think I'd live in Santa Monica or Burbank just because it's so far on one side of town. I drive so much doing drops and the like that want to be centrally located. I even picked up an apartment guide to get me in the right space in my head. At the very least I need to get on a month to month lease. I used to think there was a reason why I've been here in this one spot so long, but there isn't any good reason. Maybe it was after moving around so much in New York that I wanted to stay put. I have to change my thought process about the whole thing. I have to think that I can grow more if I have a little more room to grow.

Tonight we put another spirited performance on the books. The show just gets better and better. I am learning so much as an actor from the cast. Things like voice, diction, commitment, movement, etc. It's been an amazing experience to say the least. Afterwards we went to one of the cast members apartment to chill. I got a chance to really talk to a few people that I hadn't previously. It is a very interesting bunch of artists. It's cool for me because it's a little break from the hustle/bustle business side of the industry to the creative/artistic side.

No comments: