Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Audition: "Quintuplets" @ Rick Millikan Casting. Rick hired me for "Sabrina, the Teenaged Witch" back in 2000. I also auditioned for a series regular role in a pilot for him in 2002. I obviously didn't book the regular role, but was offered a co-star. I politely declined the co-star booking. The pilot was not picked up. Hopefully, I can make something happen today.

The audition went okay, I guess. I was the first actor to sign-in and right before Rick was ready to start reading us the associate put out revised sides. To me, I thought it had a lot of potential to be a recurring role, but the sides didn't seem like it. When they put out the revised sides, they seemed more like recurring role sides. Anyway, I was the only African-American actor there. I think Rick threw me in as something different which was really cool of him. BUT I think the writers saw this character as Caucasian. Obviously, I had to get past Rick in order for the writers/producers/director to see the possibility of seeing it another way. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

No comments: