Friday, November 19, 2004

Callback/Avail!!! YEAH!!! I can't believe I finally got a callback for Ross Lacy Casting. It's been a whole year. It's a national spot for "Degree" that shoots next month. Ironically, the character I'm going back in for is a rapper. Yeah, can you believe that? Actually, I booked a spot as a "hardcore rapper" a couple of years ago. Of course, I'd love to book this spot, but I really want to see Ross in the flesh and show him I'm worthy of all the appointments he gives me. 17 times this year alone. The callback goes really well, I think. They gave me direction and I took it. This would be really nice to book. Audition: "Blockbuster" @ (guess) Ross Lacy Casting. Another one that goes really well. I am way over due for "a commercial run". It would be nice to start with something like this.

I am always on the look out for any info that will help me in understanding the process of casting. I always look for the list of actors that have appointments to see if there are any interesting notes. As I was going in the room for the audition I saw my name on the list in bold lettering and had an asterisk on one side and "hero guy" on the other. I looked at the bottom of the list to see what the asterisk meant and it said "Talent was an add-in by the CD and not submitted by any agent"..........hmmmmm. Interesting. I wonder what the specs were that made it that I wasn't submitted. Did the specs change after the original notice was released? Who knows.

I'm really excited that one of the busiest commercial casting directors in Los Angeles thought of me without my being submitted for the "hero guy" in a "Blockbuster" national commercial.

No comments: