Friday, November 26, 2004

Okay, I think the itch needs to scratched. It's time for me to stop thinking about it and start writing. I wrote my first scene tonight and sent it to my brother. He liked it; but he's my brother.

I have 3 different partial screenplays in my head. Really, just a collection of a few scenes. One, maybe two, with a partner and one by myself. I'm going to try to really do this and when I return from my vacation get a copy of Final Draft 7.0 and make some things happen.

The "partner thing" concerns me a little because I really can't expect anyone else to work in a similar fashion as myself. This could be a problem for me when working with others. In all of my years of pursuing this business I have yet to really team up with anyone. Most of it has to do with me though. I can't expect anyone else to "get up earlier than the competition and stay up later......consistantly". I know I can be a bear to work with at times.

Screening: "Friday Night Lights" with a Q&A with director Peter Berg moderated by director Michael Mann. What a great look inside of high school football in Texas. Peter really seemed like a regular guy with an East coast feel. He actually lived in Texas for over a year while researching the film

No comments: