Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Today one of my dreams came true. YES!!! I got a call this morning from one of the cast members who is a teacher. She asked if I would participate in the "Speaker's Program" for the students at the school where she teaches. I was a little reluctant at first. Not because I didn't want to do it, because I wasn't sure what I had to offer. I thought about it for a moment and said "Yes!!"

Annika gave me the choice of this coming Monday the 15th or next Monday the 22nd. I had one big problem. I wanted to do it this Monday BUT this Monday is the 2nd anniversary of my mother's death. I didn't know what state of mind I would be in. I wanted to be fully available to the students. Last year I was fine for most of the day and then became a complete wreck in the evening. It was not a good day. I thought about my dilemma. How could I make it work? Hmmmm........I got it. I'll do it on the 15th in honor of my mother. YES!!! This is something she would do!!

I'm a little nervous, but really excited. I have always wanted to talk to kids, they are the future after all. I can't wait. This is truly a dream come true.

No comments: