Friday, November 05, 2004

Tonight I attended a birthday party of one of the cast members in the play. Several of the cast members where in a attendance and it was great to see them again. I know it has only been a week, but we really miss each others company.

It's funny because during the production they saw a side of me that usually only my family at home sees. In general, I'm pretty low-key, very quiet and a master at observation, but around them I'm border line out of control. It's a side of me that is seen maybe 10-15% of the time, but they saw it 95% of the time. So they really only believe that I am the "complete life of the party". IT AIN"T TRUE!!!! It's cool though, I'll wear the title proudly.

This really tripped me out. Yesterday I met someone who highly recommended that I see the film "The Power of One" starring Morgan Freeman and Steven Dorff. I said I would. When I walked into Hollywood Video I heard dialogue that I'd heard before. At that moment I didn't know where I'd heard it, but then found the cluster of TV monitors. I looked directly at the screen and saw myself!!! Yeah! It was the episode of "Friends" I did several years ago. Of course I didn't hear my dialogue because it was "left on the cutting room floor". Still, quite trippy, being surprise by myself on the screen. Then when I was paying for the rental I glanced to my left and saw the sign for "The Terminal" DVD release coming soon. I thought to myself that I must be in the right business.

No comments: