Friday, January 14, 2005

I have an audition tomorrow for a pilot at Henderson/Zuckerman Casting. The appointment conflicts with my flight to Phoenix for the weekend and I really don't want to change it. The question for me is why do they have me scheduled to pre-read for 1-2 lines? I've been straight to producers for them several times, booked through them twice and have worked as a reader for many sessions over the years. I really like the ladies.

Maybe there's some important part of this equation that I'm missing. Or maybe it’s just an over sight and I was scheduled wrong. I'm not one to generally look down upon pre-reading, in fact I welcome it, in most cases. I'm very careful about what I don't audition for. When I auditioned for "Good Morning, Miami" it was for 3 lines. I ended up shooting 14 episodes. Trust me; I don't look for reasons to 'not' audition. I need credits, experience and cold hard cash just like anyone else. However, I also feel that there is a time to say "thanks, but no thanks". I think now is one of those times. I just need to figure out how I'm going to handle it.

Am I just going not show for the appointment.
Call the assistant at my agency and pass on the project.
Talk to my agent about it and see what the dealio is.

The reason I think I might be missing something is because the particular agent who gave me the appointment did not question me about whether I was going to go in or not. She is usually quite vocal about what I should or should not audition for. hmmm........does she think I should do it?

CUT TO:

I call the agency to pass on the project. I tell the assistant that I don’t want to pre-read for this particular project. He puts me hold. My agent gets on the phone and says that she doesn’t think I should read for it whether I am going out of town or not. The role is too small. Done.

No comments: