Friday, January 28, 2005

My hip is now officially a minor irritation in my life. I haven’t gotten the results from the MRI yet. I guess I’ll emerge from my denial and call them on Monday. Not a great day today. Actually, that's not totally true. I was on my way to the gym near Westside Casting Studios and I met this kid, a young actor named Harrison. I guess he was about 18 or 19 and from Charlotte, NC. Let me tell you, this kid was a breath of fresh air. It was so great to see someone so young with such a zest for life and appreciation for the freedom to pursue his dream. He was a good-looking kid, with incredible energy. He was type of person that would get the lead in a series with no experience, you just believed that he could pull it off. He looked like someone who would be on "The O.C." or "Everwood", but more real. Those kids on TV always seem so pissed about who knows what, but this guy was great. I begged him not to lose his spunk for life. He's fairly new in town and has a really good agency behind him. He was asking me some really basic question about the business. I really expect to see this kid going places. I just told to be himself. I purposely didn't ask his last name because I just feel that he is going to rise up the ladder very, very soon.

No comments: