Thursday, January 20, 2005

Three auditions today!!Audition: “ACE Hardware” @ Joe Blake Casting. This goes really well.
After the "ACE Hardware" audition I saw that Joe Blake Casting was also doing a beer commercial. Since I got the official word that my "Michelob Ultra" spot had been dropped after running a whopping one time in a year I checked out what was going on. I felt that they were seeing guys that were my type, so I had to figure out how to handle it. I checked the storyboard and I seemed to fit the specs. I decided to call my agent and see what she could do. Alicia put me on hold and made a call to the casting office at Joe Blake. To my surprise, the guy who answered the phone was the guy I just auditioned for! Ooops!! He told her "I just saw Stephon, he's not totally right for this. But we might be seeing more people later though." I had no idea that he would answer the phone. I felt like I had been outsmarted. Alicia and I got a really good laugh out of it.The great thing is that I can call my agents about things like that and they are very receptive. They don't get all weird on me. I don't do it too often, I try to pick my battles wisely. I think they have a lot of respect for what it is I'm trying to do.

Audition: “Starz” @ Sheila Manning Casting. I think this was the first time I've worked with a teleprompter. The gentleman that was there who I think was a producer seemed to be quite happy with the read. I kept the sides in case I get a callback. I booked the last time I auditioned at her office. Can lightening strike twice? I sure hope so.

Audition/Go-see: “Levi Jeans” @ Barbara Bersell Casting. YES!! I got an appointment! One step closer to New York! I never do this about auditions, but I really want to go to New York for this. I know I’m setting myself up for disappointment, but a brother can dream right? The "audition" consisted mostly of paperwork and poloroids, but I felt great about it! I'm not familiar with how things are done in the print world, I guess the next step is hoping for a callback.

So I go to my colonoscopy consultation this afternoon. Ugh!! The doctor gave me the rundown on the procedure……….you don’t want to know. I had done some research on the internet and was prepared for what he told me I had to do to get ready for it………you don’t want to know. I had planned on making the appointment for the procedure when I left, but after he told me that he wanted to check my esophagus for tumors and polyps I needed more time to think. He wants to go up my………..and down my………..all in the same day? What the heck is going on?!?! I’m going to get it done, I just needed more time to clear my head. I’ve had more people touching my body in the last three months than in the past 3 years!!! Not really….anyway……I can’t wait until this over.
Oooops!! The other night a friend of mine in New York called to tell me that she had just seen my appearance on "The O.C.". I had tried to find out when it was going to air. It was on my IMDB and then it disappeared. I thought I had been cut out or something. I didn't get to see it, but evidently I made the final edit.
Ben Guillory of the Robey Theatre Company called and asked if I would be interested in participating in a project they are doing for the NAACP Theatre Award Show. They are doing a short scene from “A Soldier’s Play”, written by Charles Fuller. I said ‘yes’ and am glad he thought of me. I’ll get to work with several of the guys from “Christophe”, the play I did last Fall.

No comments: