Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Today I am speaking to a group of actors checking out the LA market from Actor’s Connection in New York. It was supposed to be yesterday, but many of them had trouble getting out of New York because of the inclement weather. I will discuss what my transition to LA was like and what they might expect if they decide to relocate.

This was pretty cool. After I spoke to the group of actors they were to meet a producer/director. I'd met this person several years ago at a workshop. I'd see her now and then and knew she was producing and moving into directing. Anyway, while catching up on what each other had been up to I mentioned that I started writing a script. She asked what kind of script; I was stumped at first. THEN it dawned on me that "I was talking to a producer and I am writing a script!!" HELLO!!

Anyway, I quickly formulated a pitch in my head and delivered it to her. She seemed to like the concept and then I told her that I recently had one of the scenes read at a workshop. She asked how it went and I told her "Great! There were 30+ people in the room and only the two actors performing it knew I wrote it. The response was fantastic." She said, "Do you want to direct it?" I said, "No". She said, "I wanna see it when you’re finished. I raise money for projects". I said, "OK, I'll make sure it happens". She said, "Just keep writing". She then handed me her business card and said, "I'll give you 6 months". I hope it doesn’t take me 6 months to finish it.

BAM!! One step closer. My print agent called to tell me that I'm on avail for the "Levi Jeans" job that shoots in New York. This is great news whether I book or not. I've been dropping off to this casting office for years and years without a call. Maybe this will start a relationship with them. Truth be told, I don't have a comp card so that's probably the biggest reason why I don't get out for prints jobs normally.

No comments: