Monday, February 21, 2005

Audition/Director ''Sister's Keeper" @ Barbara McCarthy Casting. It's a feature film. Ahh!! This one went really, really well. I read it once, he gave me direction and I delivered it like I knew I could. YES!!

Tonight we finally had our performance at the NAACP LA Theatre Awards. Our tech call was @ 4:3O pm, but we didn't get onstage until 6:30. Things were running late. Once we got on stage we didn't even get to run through our scene one time! The scene was pretty simple, but we have a few cues that needed to be set. Oh well, I guess we'll be winging it. Four hours later when we finally went onstage we rocked the house! Yeah, we did our thing. The scene was crisp, concise with a distinct beginning, middle and end. Of course, the technical part left a bit to be desired, but our job was the acting and we represented The Robey Theatre Company quite well.

The actual glitz of the show really snuck up on me. I'd only been thinking about the scene work, but when I showed up to the tech rehearsal on my freakin' skateboard I found what it was all about!! Yeah, I just hadn't really thought about it until I saw all these stunning women wearing evening gowns in the lobby. WHAT!?!?! Yeah, and then I walk in with my skateboard. Go Stephon!!

Anyway it was cool to be backstage with Larry Fishburne, Keith David, Tatyana Ali, Glynn Turman and many others. Tatiana’s manager or one of her "people" asked her to take a photo with “the soldier’s” (us). That girl is HOT!!!.....and sweet.

I have to tell you, I was honored to be included in the piece and in the company of the fine actors involved.

No comments: