Monday, March 28, 2005

What a way to start the week. I spoke to students at Reseda High School again this morning about going for what you want in life. The kids are interesting. Some are very difficult to reach, even just to say their name aloud while others are very expressive about what they want in life.

Over the weekend a friend, Joan Blair, contacted me about an independent film she is involved with. I know Joan from workshops and we worked on a project together a couple of years ago.

Anyway, she instructed me to send my URL to the producer. The producer called this morning and wanted me to meet the director on set...right away. So I drive from Reseda to Echo Park and see Roger, the producer. Roger, said he had just seen me in a commercial. Well I knew he was mistaken, I don't really have anything running at the moment. He thought about it for a moment and then I said "The Terminal"? "YEAH!" He replied.

He then takes me straight to the director who was in between shots. The director quickly gives me the low-down on the character and then has to resume shooting. Roger, the producer, says "that was pretty much your audition and tells me that the role is mine if I'm interested". I say "yeah, of course I'll do it." He says, "Great, I'll send a deal memo to your agent this afternoon." They check my availability(I told them that I was on-hold for the ABC pilot "Hot Properties"), gave me a script, get my sizes and agent info. My first day of about 6 or 7 is Thursday. This all happened in like 35 minutes.

Since it's under a SAG Deferred contract I wanted to inform my agent that they may receive a call about the project. Right then my phone rings and it's my agent. I thought they had already gotten the call, but no, the call was telling me that I was booked on the “Hot Properties” pilot. It's an ABC 1/2 hour comedy.

It's been a loooong time since I've booked two things in one day.

No comments: