Thursday, April 28, 2005

Audition: “Stub Hub” @ Joe Blake Casting. As I walked into the maze of casting at Westside I see a guy that I see a lot at auditions. At first I thought he was there for the same commercial I was there for. As we said hello to each other I saw that he had theatrical side in his hand. This was odd because it’s usually all commercials at Westside. So I immediately start checking the scene to see exactly what was going on. I see that there was a film being cast. Me and this actor are pretty much the exact same type so I’m really checking this out while keeping an eye on the commercial that I was there for.

I glanced at his sides to see which character he was reading for and go to the sign in and grab a set of those sides. I look it over and I am perfect for this…at least I think so. So I’m trying to figure out a way to get seen for this. A man comes out of the room and says something to one of the actors waiting to go in. So asked that actor who that man was and he says that he is one of the producers. I tell the actor that I wanted to get in on it and he says “just sign in, it’s cool”. I didn’t want to do that and possibly get busted in the room. After that I kinda went into stealth-mode. I followed the producer guy around for a moment to see if just ask him, he seemed pretty cool. So I did, and he said to ask the guy who was running the actors in and out of the room. So I asked him and he said cool. BINGO!!

I signed in, waited my turn and had a great audition with the producer and director. This character was in the snowboard world and I totally know that world and language of it. I even added a little of my own dialogue that I thought would work. After all I had nothing to lose. They seemed to be really happy with my read so I guess we’ll see what happens…if anything.

The film was “White Air” @ Peter Wise Casting.

No comments: