Monday, April 25, 2005

Dori Zuckerman’s office calls for me to be a reader again on Wednesday. I say “yes” and hope I don’t have any conflicts that day.

Audition: “Pampers” @ Sheila Manning Casting. This just consisted of a personality interview. The session runner asked me what was important to me. Of course, I said “family” and I talked about my relationship with my family and motocross. Those two things really make me shine brightly.

When I was walking back to my car there was an older woman, like in her late 70’s or 80’s, walking in front of me. I was careful to not to walk to close to her and invade her space, plus I didn’t want her to think I was going take her purse or something like that. Right as I was walking past her she immediately turned and said:

Older woman:
I vant to go to 4th and Montana. I vant to take de bus. I wait so long.

Stephon:
Uh, I’m not sure where that is. Wait, there’s 6th that way, so you are going in the wrong direction and I think Montana is that way.

Older woman:
I vant to ride de bus.

Stephon:
I’m sorry, bit I’m not sure where the bus stop is that would take you there.

Older woman:
I vait and vait and vait fo de bus.

Stephon:
Um..well…uh I will take you if you want. I mean you don’t know me, but I’ll take you if you like.

Older woman:
(she looks at me for a moment, then smiles.)
I vant to take de bus.

Stephon:
Okay, well, 4th is that way and I think Montana is that way. But I’ll give you a ride right now.

Older woman:
You take me?

Stephon:
I take you.

Older woman:
You be good to me?

Stephon:
You be good to me? You promise not to hurt me? I don’t want to be afraid of you.

Older woman:
(she smiles)
I be good to you.

Stephon:
OK, my car is right down there.

So I walk her to my car, help her get in and we take off.

Stephon:
Where are you from?

Older woman:
Israel.

Stephon:
Oh. How long have you been here?

Older woman:23 years.

(I look over at her and she looks kinda terrified; like she possibly made the biggest mistake in her life by getting in the car with a stranger).

Stephon:You have nothing to be afraid of.

Older woman:
You be good to me?

Stephon:
Yes, I be good to you if you are nice to me.

Older woman:
(She smiles.)
Yes, I am nice.

Stephon:
Here it is, which corner should I let you out on?

Older woman:
Right there, 401.

Stephon:
Okay.

Older woman:
You are very nice boy.

Stephon:
Yes, I am very nice.

Older woman:
You have card, so we can be friend.

(I’m thinking “what?” why does she want my card?)
Stephon:Um, yeah, here’s a card.

Older woman:
Thank you so much, you are very nice.

I get out to help her get up on the curb.

Stephon:
Bye bye, have a nice evening.

Older woman:
Thank you.

So I made a new friend today, a really old Israeli woman, go figure. Hopefully, she won’t call. LOL!!

No comments: