Monday, July 11, 2005

Big day today for drops. I had to pick and choose carefully because so many casting changes have taken places and my database isn't completely updated. Are they ever updated?

Anyway, one of the most significant changes, at least to me, is that Kimberly Lanae Foster is now the CD of WB drama "Charmed". I met Kim many years ago through my friend William Gregory Lee while attending a staged reading she had cast him in. The big deal is, at least in my mind, is that she is an African-American casting director casting a one hour, primetime drama WITHOUT African-American leads, AND for Aaron Spelling Productions.

I’m not saying it’s great because she’s black and I’m black so now she gonna call everyone who is black to audition. No! I went to producers several times for previous CD Leslee Dennis and her associate Megan Entriken; they were particularly great ladies too. I just think it’s great for Kim because I understand how she is making her dreams become her reality and I’m tickled to see it happen.

Needless to say, I made sure I dropped a photo over to Kim with a note of congratulations.

No comments: