Friday, August 19, 2005

YES! Back in the saddle as a reader for "Dreamgirls" @ Debra Zane Casting. As I've said before - simply amazing. It's such a great thing to see the other side of the business in such a high profile office.

Today, I was treated to the most amazing singers - and they “was all up in my grill” singing to directly ME!! It was like a dream come true. One of the songs was Jennifer Holidays' version of "And I'm Telling You". It was crazy. After the first actress/singer performed, I had goose bumps. They even had a pianist. It was completely surreal. Fortunately, for everyone, I wasn't required to sing. The other scenes had dialogue so I got to work too..

As I've said before, being a reader is an incredibly insightful way to learn about the casting process. I got a chance to see and hear some really cool things; I’ll wait to see the final product on the big screen. Ooops, I forgot, I myself auditioned for it several weeks ago!! Maybe I’ll be in it too! I probably would have heard by now. Well, who knows, it doesn’t start shooting until January.

2 comments:

Joan Blair said...

Stephon,

Great to read your blog! I finally started mine a few days ago. It's joanblair.blogspot.com, if you'd like to come by and post!
It's in an infantile stage, so not much content.
I loved your quote of Mekhis', when you offered to be a reader. That just shows your humility and what a great "real" guy he is.
He was my "doctor" when I played a patient" in my ER episode. He's wonderful! I really wanted to keep in touch with him,
but never followed up. You know how that goes...

Good luck in all of your endeavors! Keep on truckin"!!!

Stephon Fuller said...

Thanks for the kind words Joany! I'm sure I'll see you around soon.

*S*