Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Audition: "The Unit" @ Bialy/Thomas Casting. I did a drop at this office a couple of days ago, my second or third this season for "Bones" and "The Unit". I guess it helped me get in because the casting assistant said she sees my photo all over the place. I don’t know if she meant around town or that particular office. Anyway, that’s great to hear.

A little more than a year ago my longtime theatrical agency, Badgley/Connor joined forces with Schiowitz Clay Ankrum & Ross.

Up until now, it wasn't an official merger. I was still repped by my longtime agent, Erin Connor, as well as the new ones, David Ankrum & Josh Schiowitz, but this week it became an official merger.

Actually, I hadn't been officially under contract since my last one expired 3 years ago, so this "felt" new and exciting. I must admit I was a little surprised when they informed me that they are using Standard SAG Contracts. Cool, I expected a GSA.

So the official new name is Schiowitz, Connor, Ankrum, Wolf, Inc. Teresa Wolf is in the New York office. Ironically, Teresa was one of my agents for a short period of time years ago in New York @ The Luedtke Agency. I'm really happy with this group of people on my side, including the office manager and interns.

I've never worried too much about not having a demo reel, but now I’m more ready than ever to really get one together. Don't get me wrong, I know it can only help me as long it's solid material, but I've always felt they were much more instrumental in getting an agent and since I have rep I’ve concentrated on other things.

Anyway, they stated that it's becoming very important to have a demo reel available online. This is what I needed to hear AND from who I needed to hear it from in order to get my butt in gear to get my reel together. They said the online demo is becoming an actors' pre-read.

We, as actors, hear so much about it from the companies that provide the service, but hearing this particular thing from my agents means much more to me. They gave me a print out of four different services I could choose from. Hopefully, this “Love, Inc.” episode in a couple of weeks will be a great start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just saw you on an episode of Friends. Just wanted to say good luck & keep up the good wrk. :)

Stephon Fuller said...

Wow, that was 6+ years ago, my first TV job. Thanks for the good luck. Same to you!

*S*