Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Audition: “SBC/AT&T” @ Francene Selkirk Casting. This went really, really well; which has nothing to do with whether I’ll get a callback or not. That’s okay, as long as they keep giving me the opportunity to book. Eventually I’ll score again.

Check this out. As I was walking back to my car after the audition my phone rang. It was an “818” number I didn’t recognize. I thought maybe I left something at the audition and needed to return. So I answer my phone and it’s Alison Mize from Deedee Bradley Casting. She had just received my postcard and wanted to congratulate me for booking my first Guest Starring role. She had a lot of compliments for me. I had to tell her that the episode has been pushed and it won’t air on Thursday like it said on all of the 131 postcards I sent out. She said, “So what, the important thing is that you booked it”. Thanks Alison.

I did a scene for her at an event a couple of months ago and she commented that she was glad to get to see me work because she sees my photo all the time and now has a little more to go on. I was speechless. It was such a nice thing to do.

I’ve been trying to get in that office for a good while and it’s nice to know that all of the drops, postcards, etc. are not in vain. Hopefully, I’ll get in to audition in the future. My day was already going well and that just made it even better.

This was my first commercial audition in several weeks so I have a feeling that since it’s been a little slow lately commercials are going to pick up.

I am participating in the 48-Hour film festival with several other actor/producers/writers, some of which I know from the Actorsite Networking Group. The production takes place this weekend and we had our cast and crew meeting tonight. I think this is going to be a lot of fun. Oh yeah, since I got the surprise that the “IBM” commercial is being used worldwide I was able to make a donation to the production of the short film. It wasn’t much, but hopefully it will help with the craft services cost or something. In my future I really hope to be a philanthropist on some level. It can’t always be money; there are many other ways to give back.

At 6:30 my phone rings and it’s 2 commercial auditions for tomorrow. YES!!! Then @ 8:25pm I get a call for a third audition. I couldn’t believe my agents were still putting out calls. Actually, I’m not shocked. It’s just a good feeling to have such a great team to work with. Matter-of-fact after interning last week at Nancy Nayors office last Friday I’m going to send a thank you note to my theatrical agency just to let them know that I appreciate what they do and have done for me over the years.

No comments: