Saturday, November 05, 2005

Today I went to see Casting legend Sheila Manning and Breakdowns Service mastermind Gary Marsh speak about commercial casting. Let me tell, it’s incredible how things have changed since I arrived in LA 7 years ago. Sheila said that she hasn’t used a VHS tape in months. Normally she would put audition on a VHS tape and have to FedEx it to New York, but now all of the sessions are uploaded to a virtual network. The client, ad agency, director, etc. can literally watch the auditions within minutes anywhere they have an internet connection. Crazy, it happens so fast.

The sessions was quite informative and I will definitely use the tips they gave to give me more of a chance to book commercials. I need all the help I can get!! Matter of fact, I might take Craig Colvin’s Commercial course to brush up on my skills.

No comments: