Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Funny how this bio/blog works sometimes. The whole blogger thing is trip; it's especially interesting how they are used by some. Good, bad or indifferent they are always entertaining. I try to keep mine uplifting and positive.

Anyway, a friend of mine who I hadn't spoken to in a while read about some of the things I am currently up to........for better or for worse, lol!

He's a photographer and offered to shoot my zed card for a very, very, very reasonable rate. Last Summer/Fall he went on an incredible 6-month photo journey to Europe and took over 100,000 photos. I don't think there is any way I could embark on such a journey alone. Most of the time he didn't know the language or where he was sleeping on a given night.

He recounted a harrowing experience in Serbia where he was removed from the bus he was riding and accused of being a terrorist. WHAT??! Yeah, they checked his passport and all the countries he'd been too and he looked quite suspicious. Then they said his passport was a fake. He somehow wiggled his way out of it. Afterall, (his words) "I'm just a white kid from Chicago".

His name is Aaron Wulf; he is currently re-working his website. I'll post a link when it's up and running. We had a great time shooting. The best part for me was getting to flex a little on my mountain bike. I ain't saying I got mad skills or nuttin' like that, but for a cat my age I can definitely get down wit da get down......a little. I really need to ride more often.

No comments: