Friday, March 24, 2006

Ya know, occasionally over the years people have told me that I have lost weight or tell me how “little” I am. I usually correct them and say “I’m not little like a chick or nothing like that; I’m just slight and but fit”. I know I lost some weight years ago when I moved to New York, but I think I look pretty much the same.

Since I’m in the process of getting my zed card done I really wanted to get my sizes right. Well the verdict is in; I AM smaller than I was years ago. How the heck did that happen? I thought I wore a 38R suit jacket. Well, I did, I have one and it used to fit. Actually, it was a suit that my father bought for me. Imagine that; my dad buying me something. It was a while ago. I have another suit that I usually wear on the rare occasions that I wear a suit. I “thought” it was a 38R. Upon closer inspection I saw that it’s a 36R. WHAT!!! I’m freakin’ smaller than I was when I graduated from high school!

I don’t get it. I mean I’m not trying to gain weight or anything like that, I just think that I would naturally put on some weight as I got older…..and I am getting older. At the same time I don’t want to waste away in my later years either. Both of my “little” brothers are bigger than me too. Maybe it’s an LA thing! I work out and I am pretty active, but I wouldn’t think I would be getting smaller.

I’m going skiing next week so I pulled out my ski pants that I haven’t worn in years thinking they would be too small because they were a little snug the last time I wore them. I tried them on they fit!! WHAT!!?? I mean that’s great because I won’t have to buy new ones, but dag I’m a waif. I guess the last 6-7 months have been as rough as they have felt. ……..hmmmm if I could only do something about these size 11 feet.

No comments: