Sunday, May 14, 2006

I miss my mom, I really, really miss her. I wish I had the luxury of picking up the phone and calling her today; or any other day for that matter. My mom was a funny lady; hilarious. She could roll with the best of them and she did a lot of nice things for a lot of people. I did talk to or left messages for some other moms though.

One woman I spoke to used to work for our family business back in Virginia years ago. Her name is Christine. I hadn't spoken to her in at least 15 years. Needless to say she was very suprised to hear from me. Christine is, I would guess, in her 80's and unfortunately her health is failing. I'm glad I had a chance to talk to her. She thought it was a really big deal that I called long distance from Los Angeles. I told her that a lot had changed over the years and "long distance" isn't wasn't it used to be.
I also babysat my Goddaughter Hazel while her mother and grandmother spent some time together. We had a great time at the park and went to the mall for pizza! She's almost 2 and ate about as much pizza as I did. No wonder I'm so thin!

2 comments:

Matt Shields said...

hi Stephon, I'm not sure how long ago you lost your mother but I understand your sentiment. I lost my father almost ten years ago and I still miss him and wish i could ask him questions from time to time.

Sounds like you have a good group of extended family and friends though!

Stephon Fuller said...

I lost my mom on Nov. 15th 2002 to cancer of the pancreas. Yes, I have a really great group of people around me.

Stephon