Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My birthday! What a great day – a great couple of days actually. I can’t think of a better place to be than with my family. I’m always surprised that anyone even remembers it, but my friends and family always do and even some people I’ve never met. Thank you so much!

Something really interesting that happened was a special little girl named Taylor interviewed me. She’s the 9 year old daughter of a longtime friend I hadn’t seen in years – actually it was my first time meeting Taylor. She wants to be an actress and an author. I think she is well on her way.

I’ve been interviewed on occasion in the past and one of the times for the local paper at home in Virginia Beach was the worst. The writer made me out to be this desperate, struggling actor who couldn’t get a leg up in the business to save his life. I’ve never been desperate and I cringe when the phrase “struggling actor” is used around me. That doesn’t mean it’s been easy – it hasn’t, but never for a day have I considered myself to be “struggling actor” or “starving artist”.

That interview took place about 4 years ago when I was working on “Good Morning, Miami”. It seemed that the writer already had his slant on my story and he stuck to it. I just read the article again and I wonder who the heck he printed that story on because it sure wasn’t my story. It made me fully understand when the stars want to be able to have final approval before an interview goes to print.

But let me tell you this 9-year old Taylor was gem to work with, she even recorded every time I said “um”. Sharp kid that Taylor. Did I tell you she baked me a birthday cake? Wow! Thanks Taylor!

INTERVIEW WITHSTEPHAN (BRIAN) FULLER!!!!!!!!!!!!! (actor)

Taylor: How Did You Get Your Start in Acting?
Stephan Fuller: Ummm…. I got my start umm… with a local teacher here in virginia beach.

TL: Did You Want To Act Since You We’re A Child?
SF: it wasn’t something that I really thought about, no I wanted to be a racecar driver.

TL: Had You Done Anything Differently In Your Career, What Would It Be?
SF: I’m really happy with my decisions but if anything I would have written more about my time in New York but I’m happy with my decions.

TL: Was There A Certain Actor That Inspired You To Follow Your Dream?
SF: Not particulary. Ummm… I really liked the whole entertainment industry.

TL: What We’re Some Of Your Favorite Actors That You Worked With?
SF: umm… Tom Hanks, Jere Burns, Kelsey Grammar, and Umm…I liked working with Kadeem Hardison.

TL: How Old We’re You When You Started To Really Follow Your Dream?
SF: In my 20’s (does not wish to discuss his age with the press)

Taylor - Author, actress, pastry chef and more.

No comments: